Send an Inmate Money

Inmates can receive money for their account by money orders or certified cashier's check sent to the jail using a delivery service (i.e. USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.).  Money orders and cashier's checks must be filled out with the inmate's name and mailed to the following address:

(Inmate's name)
Black Hawk County Jail
225 East 6th St.
Waterloo, IA  50703

**Please include a return address.

Cash can no longer be brought to the front counter at the Sheriff's Office:

Cash and or credit cards can be used to deposit money on an inmate's account by using the kiosk in the front lobby entrance.

Money can also be deposited online at:

This is for inmate commissary only, and cannot be applied to an inmate phone account.

The kiosk in the lobby entrance is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Website created by Far Reach Technologies