Get Property Released

The Black Hawk County Jail will not release any property in the possession of any inmate without a court order.

To obtain a court ordered release of property, you must make contact with the Clerk of Courts (1st floor of courthouse) and make a request for the release of property.  The Clerk's Office will give you the proper paperwork and instruct you as to how to see a judge.  Order hour is Monday - Wednesday - Friday from 3:30PM--4:00PM

Once you have seen the judge and obtained a signature, and had the Clerk's Office stamp the order, bring the order to the front desk of the Sheriff's Office.  Your request will be taken care of at that time, per the instructions on the order.

If the inmate in question has been transported to prison, the inmate will have the oppurtunity to have their property picked up by a designated person.  This will only occur after the inmate has left our facility.

If the inmate has left our facility, for permanent placement elsewhere, their property will go with them at time of transfer.

Website created by Far Reach Technologies