The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office will check houses (vacation watches) for county residents who live outside the city limits.
To set up a vacation watch please call dispatch at 319-291-2515 and ask to speak to a patrol deputy to set up a vacation watch.
You will need to provide the following information:
Please arrange for someone to get your paper, mail, etc. while you are gone if you do not have it stopped. Also, if you are going to be gone in the winter it is a good idea to have someone clear your driveway and sidewalks of snow.
- Date you are leaving and returning
- Your home phone number and your cell phone number or a number where you can be reached while you are gone.
- Name, phone number, address, and vehicle description/license plate number of anyone who will be checking your house and whether or not they have keys to the house.
- Location of lights you are leaving on or if they are on a timer the times they will be on.
- Please call dispatch when you return home so we can cancel the vacation watch.