BLACK HAWK COUNTY JAIL INMATE VISITATION
RULES AND SCHEDULES
in the Black Hawk County Jail, inmates are entitled to reasonable
contact with their families and friends, unless restricted by
disciplinary or other sanctions for a specified period
General population inmates may receive one visit per day for up to 30 minutes.
security inmates are allowed two visits per week, up to 30 minutes
each, unless restricted for disciplinary or other reasons.
Housing Unit (SHU) inmates are allowed one visit per week for up to 30
minutes each, unless restricted for disciplinary or other reasons.
If the inmate you are visiting is housed in unit A1, the two visitation days are Monday and Thursday.
If the inmate you are visiting is housed in unit A2 (SHU), the one visitation day is Wednesday.
If the inmate you are visiting is housed in unit A3, the two visitation days are Tuesday and Friday.
If the inmate you are visiting is female and in the SHU, the one visitation day is Wednesday.
All inmate visits are scheduled for
Monday through Friday (Excluding holidays) and start at
8:30am, 9am, 9:30am, 10am, and 10:30am. After lunch, the visits restart at
12:30pm, 1pm, 1:30pm, and 2pm. There is also evening visitation for
general population only inmates starting at
7pm and 7:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays only.
a visitor, you must be here and signed in at least 10 minutes prior to
the start times listed above – No exceptions. Space is limited, so
expect delays when attempting
to visit an inmate.
Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to refuse visitor
access. Visitors are expected to abide by the following rules:
- Inmate visitors must be 18 years or older and
have a non-expired government-issued photo ID.
- Inmate visitor parking is not allowed in our front
parking lot during our normal business hours. This lot is reserved for Sheriff’s Office business only.
- Persons under 18 years of age are not allowed
in the visitation waiting area.
- If you visit more than one inmate, you will be
required to wait ½ hour between visit times.
property such as purses, cell phones,
cameras, paper, pen, etc., is not allowed upstairs. Lockers are
available for these items. Please turn off your cell phone when placing
it in a locker.
- Food and drinks are not allowed at visitation
or the visitation waiting area.
- Profanity, cursing and derogatory remarks are
not allowed. Keep noise down to a minimum.
- Do not use your cell phone when checking in for
- Tank tops and tops with spaghetti straps are not
allowed. Shoulders must be covered.
- Low cut shirts that show chest cleavage are not
- Shorts and skirts are not allowed if they are
deemed inappropriate or too short.
- Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Jackets and coats will not be worn upstairs.
- Headwear of any kind is not allowed, unless for
a verified religious reason and pre-approved by jail staff.
Visitors who violate any of these rules may be restricted and possibly banned from visiting inmates in the future.