While in the Black Hawk County Jail, inmates are entitled to reasonable contact with their families and friends, unless this privilege has been restricted by disciplinary sanctions for a specified period of time.
Each inmate can receive one visit per day for up to 30 minutes.
Inmate Visitation hours are as follows:
General Population visitation (pods B, C, D, E, F) are Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) from 9:00AM - 11:00AM and 1:00PM - 2:30PM. There is also visitation on Monday and Wednesday night at 7:00PM and 7:30PM.
Maximum Security (A pod) inmates are only allowed one visit per week. A pod visitation utilizes the same hours as listed above with the exception of 7:00PM and 7:30 PM. A Pod visitation is broken down by days of the week allowed. Those days are as follows:
A1 Monday or Thursday
A3 Tuesday or Friday
Visitors need to be signed in no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of visit. Space is limited, expect delays when visiting an inmate.
Visitors are expected to adhere to policies and procedures of the Jail.
* The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office reserves the right to refuse visitor access.
* Visitors must be at least 18 years old with a valid picture ID
* Children accompanying visitors may not be left unattended for any reason.
* No hats, hoodies, bandanas, do-rags, or any other head gear are allowed
* Shirts must cover the shoulders; casual sweaters are acceptable
* Shorts and skirts can not be shorter than mid-thigh
* No purses, briefcases, bags, cell phones or papers of any kind can be taken to the visitation area
Lockers are available for storage of valuables. Space is limited, please only bring essential items with you.
Visitors who violate these rules may be restricted, and possibly banned from visiting any inmate in the future.